Thursday, September 11, 2014

Radio-Active!

Hey guys! Haha. I can't believe my last post was 3 months ago! :O Time really flies, doesn't? Specially when you have so many things to do, you just lose track of time! Well, this past months have been really hectic. I'll just go over them really quick. 

In June, I was suggested by friends to be a video editor for the local Enactus Competition held last June 20. Pre-production began at around (if memory serves me well), June 2; that was creating the script. I believe almost all of the data that was needed was already collected. There were three groups, each with their respective projects and members. Ours was the "LUCKY THEO'S : A Potential Industry Giant." It was about a woman who is the first producer of dried mango in the province. The winners in the competition get to represent MMSU ENACTUS for the National Competitions, and the project was the conglomeration of the projects in the local competition. Also, the IT Experts (that's the video editors) are automatically a part of the team MMSU as well. So I had the opportunity to help represent the University in the National Competition. Working beside me was Jezar, a second year Marketing student.


I admit, this is the most exciting yet exhausting project so far. And, this is my first time to work with a different team. According to the project file, I started editing from July 5 and the final video was finished at July 23. I decided to use Premier Pro for this project because using After Effects just to move, fade in, and fade out pictures and words would be overkill, and requires a lot of effort. Although I used After Effects for some parts of the video. Premiere has no motion blur when you apply movement to a specific object, so I used AE for that.

Preview: Motion blur as seen on the text which is not possible in Premiere.
So what do you guys think? 

I learned a lot working from this project. I got to meet new people, learned how hard it is to be a digital artist (naks), experienced going through extreme weathers (it was raining and windy, and it was at around 7 pm) just to meet the group, experienced almost having no sleep, among many other things. I had to go through the video a lot of times to update information, change styles, and to remove or add new elements to the video.

Unfortunately, the team didn't make it to the finals. Yeah, it's disappointing. But hey, the important thing is we did our best to represent the University. For me, just by editing the video for the Nationals is already a big achievement. So, that's that.

For August, exams. It is filled with examinations and quizzes. It's literally called as "hell month" because of the exams and the mid-terms are in August.

Okay so that's what happened to me these past months. Last Sunday (Sept. 7) I started making a lamp shade (?) from a coconut shell.

Me drilling more holes. Oh that arm, such twilight.
 In academics, I'm actually doing fine. The exams results so far are good, and I hope it keeps that way until the end of the semester. I am having problems with one or two subjects, though. I hope I can get the train on the tracks so that it'll be a smooth ride to the semestral break. Each day that passes is one day closer to the most (?) challenging part of an ECE student in MMSU: Power Amplifer and Tone Control. Good luck to us, and to you too, my friend! Let's ride the train together to the next stop - second semester, SY 2014-2015. Cheers!✌

No comments:

Post a Comment