Thursday, May 1, 2014

What is Summer.

Hello fellas! This summer, we will have our first official summer class. Which is kind of a bummer because 3rd year 2nd sem. really takes a lot of a student, having a summer vacation before 4th yr (remember that part where almost all of the class failed in one subject?) would've been nice. I'll endure. It's only until May 19.

So, last April 8, my dad sent a surprise package! Yay! It contained the ice shaver (lol sounds weird), my mother's bangles, a tablet, and a camera. Whoa. Didn't expect those things. Thanks a lot, Dad! :D Since then, I reviewed the videos I downloaded almost a year ago (this is what I did last summer 2013, watched videos in photography lol excited much?) to refresh my knowledge. The camera is a Canon 600D and the tablet is a Lenovo IdeaTab A2107. The camera I asked, but not the tablet. If only I knew, I would've just got a Nintendo 2ds/3ds instead of a tablet. I already have a phone and I am very contented with it. So, with the new camera, I recently got into photography, while learning the basics. As of writing, I am still absorbing the core values.

April 11, we finally had our removal exam for a certain subject. Review, review, and then we took the exam. But some days before, I dreamt of what the exam was gonna be like. (I seem to  have some weird dreams, like the one with the Mechanics 101) In the dream, we were taking the exam in a quite peculiar location. It was 50-60 meters located west of our house. (We refer to it as "Laud", which literally means west. Anything west of where we are, we call it that.) The dream happened in the morning, as I remember looking at my phone and seeing a facebook notification involving Elizer. And then he was incorporated at the dream. He was holding a yellow pad paper, taking the removal exam which is a Multiple Choice exam. And crazily enough, the actual exam was a multiple choice exam! What are the odds? The exam was a 25 item exam, worth 4 points each for a total of 100. And in order to pass, you have to get at least 70% which was 17.5 points. Luckily, I got 72/100 so yeah, I passed. For the others, the instructor gave a chance: he let them decide on which hand he had the stone. If they guessed it correctly, the passing will be reduced to 60 (it was 60 or 65, we decided 60. One for all, all for one), if not, it will remain at 70. They guessed it, so more passers were added to the list. Fortunately, he will AGAIN give another chance for those who failed. They will have another exam scheduled for next semester. (The pre-requisites are in 2nd sem anyway) So yeah, that was that.

April 15, classes finally started. What more is there to say. Haha, we will have classes until May 23rd.

Here are some of the photos I shot using only the kitlens:







Light Drawing with a laser pointer.


My first Light Drawing


Light drawing with the Moon. 

Long exposure zoom.

First shot at Astrophotography: getting the correct exposure. > >


No comments:

Post a Comment