Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Free T-Shirt Template for GIMP Users

Hello every one! Here's a quick post. I made a simple template in designing a t-shirt using gimp, a free image manipulating program.

(I do not own the image I used in creating the template. I merely searched for a t-shirt template on Google and enhanced it. If you own the image, I apologize in advance if I used it without your permission.)

I used to design t-shirts for organizations when I was in high school. And this template came in handy.
You can download the template here.
You can download the UPDATED file here. See Postscript for changes.

The template consists of 2 groups of layers - Outlines and t-shirt Colors and 3 individual layers - highlights, Linings and the gray bg.

Layers inside the t-shirt Template
Layers in the Template



In order to change the color of the shirt, head over to the Group t-shirt Colors, select the flat image layer, then under the Colors menu, choose the Colorize option. This will give you the freedom of coloring the shirt.
preview
Setting the main color of the t-shirt


And that should be it. Do whatever you like with this template. For the designs, I suggest you create it on a separate image (for quality purposes) then paste it on this template. Scale it to size and place your design layer between the t-shirt Colors and the Linings layer.

Cheers!
--------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE! (Mar 30, 2014)
In case you haven't figured it out on your own (yet), if you are required to set the t-shirt into a specific color, you can select the flat color layer, right click then select Alpha to Selection. Change the foreground color into the required color, then you can select the Bucket Tool then fill the flat color layer. Voila.

P.S. I was supposed to update this sometime last month but school got in the way. Also, I updated the file and added a V NECK option. It's under the Group Outlines. Be sure to only enable one option under this group.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. awesome, thanks so much for this, haven't tried it yet but I've been looking for something like this for a while, thanks again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys like it! :) Be sure to share it to your friends! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete