Monday, May 13, 2013

Lussok Cave

Good day friends! Sorry for not posting here much. I'm currently playing Pokemon and sometimes I forgot about stuff.

We had a little vacation over at Dagupan, Luna, Apayao during April 24-27 of 2013 and we visited a Cave located at [forgot what is is, will ask my mom later] which is 30 minutes away from where we were staying. This is an amazing experience since I haven't seen, or been to a real cave. And I didn't know what to expect, well next time I'll be prepared. I couldn't take a lot of photos because I didn't have the camera with me along the way.

The third and last river to cross until the Cave.
Look at those light leaks! It's also my first time to
witness nature this beautiful, 'cause I'm an internet guy. lol
We had to cross 3 rivers to get there. (I wasn't able to take pictures of the two because as I said, someone else was carrying the camera.)
The two rivers can be crossed using the vehicle, kuliglig, a vehicle used by farmers to carry stuff around. Before going to the third river, the vehicles can no longer advance because we are almost there. And there is an unfinished building there which looks like a restroom, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I already got my camera at this time and started clicking the shutter.


But before everything else, as you pass through the said building, the not-so-pleasant smell begins to reek. It smells almost like human urine but it's not. My mother (which is born on this province) says that it is the urine of the monkeys. And I look up but I see no monkey. LOL and the smell will continue until the cave. eek!
I will just put the pics here and put some descriptions :)



Meet my amazing mother!
And a picture of my mom :D Happy Mother's Day mama!
And the hiking begins! We have to climb up
the mountain then go down to the cave!
I was so excited to see the cave that I wasn't
able know how long have we walked. lol. 


Some pictures I took while he hiked. :D

Be careful not to fall! It's steep and the rocks are very sharp.

I don't know how much time it took us to
get there. But we're here! (Silly me, just look at the
time stamped on the pictures 
:)) )

We have to climb down using a vine because it's steep and the rocks are sharp.

This is the entrance to the cave, and inside we see..









Rocks! With names etched on them. Heheh.


And we're ready to swim! Brr!
The water is clear and very, very cool. And it does not get murky when you move because the ground is filled with pebbles. But the surrounding smells! Hahaha!
(My cousin and my nephew)

More light leaks/streaks! So beautiful. ♥

Inside the cave.
But to get there, we must cross the water which is deep, and we have to use the vines and ropes (which were already there)
The ceiling inside the cave.

Oh look. It's me! Haha

We couldn't explore the cave further because it was dark and we didn't bring any flashlights and the depth of the water is inconsistent. *Sigh but to the west, I think there is light coming in through so there must be something there.



The water here is really really good, and the environment. +1 but what's really upsetting is the smell. haha! You can't take the smell out of the cave! Besides that, it's a really wonderful experience and it's worth the stench! ;) When we got home, I instantly fell asleep from exhaustion.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment