Sunday, October 6, 2013

September's Judgment: Mechanics 101

I can't believe it's already October! September truly was a very busy month, so sorry for not posting. And my post last month was about August! What!? A lot has happened this September, some were fun and exciting, and some were depressing and sad. Let me narrate what has happened this September. (I should have just drafted some of the details then, I don't have that much long term memory.)

September was like climbing a mountain, uhm no. September was like pushing yourself through a needle hole. Yep that's the description. It was Saturday morning, and it was raining as I traveled to school. The rain drops on my coat just like the time is counting down to my judgment. It's as if the weather is predicting the results for the exam. We had the FINAL EXAMINATION for the subject, Mechanics 101.
If you've been reading my previous posts, you would know my standing. It was "meh, I'm gonna pass this crap." It didn't last long though, an hour later the results were out. Our score wasn't posted, however he mentioned those people who already passed. By that time, I'm losing hope, with the negative points and almost passing scores. But every time he gets closer to my last name, there's a little part of me saying it's still possible. The funny thing is, he said that if we have any questions regarding our grade, we are free to go and see the excel file, but the ones who got negative, don't expect anymore. My spirit was crushed. That was it. The flash begin, the moment where he said, "Hoy kayong dalawa, gusto nyong mabagsak? Minus one hundred kayong dalawa." *facepalm. I still hoped that the instructor was not gonna consider the minus one hundred.


It was Sunday night, I was reviewing for the Remedial Exam for the next day. I went inside to see some leftover Brandy and some chips. Then I remembered that alcohol can actually help you focus, so I thought, "mehh, why not?"  

I did my best to understand and solve the problems under Centroid and Moment Of Inertia of a Composite Object. It was going pretty well, with the help of the alcohol of course. (lol just kidding)

I seem to get the process and get the final answer. But I was only limited to the sample problems given to us, I explored some more problems but the approach was kind of different from what we were taught. And there were a lot of blah-blahs. So I just stuck with the given problems, mastering each topic. (lol)


It was Monday afternoon, and it was raining, again! Is it me or is it that the weather is again predicting the outcome of the exam? But before we were gonna start the exam. the instructor had a surprise. He announced another six (6) students to have already passed the subject. (They were announced last Saturday but it seems that there must've been a mistake, so it was declined)

There were only two items on the exam, and we need to answer one problem correctly to pass the exam. I kinda answered the first problem but I had a doubt. For the second problem, it looked easy but it was a bit tricky. To sum it up, I thought I was not gonna pass the exam. After the exam, when we were talking about our answers, Bam! It was then that I concluded that I failed the exam, therefor the subject. The thought of "If only he didn't consider that minus one hundred." was playing in my mind like a broken record. I wouldn't be struggling like this. With the effect of the weather, that afternoon was really gloomy, sad, and depressing.

That exam crushed many expectations, even more when the results were posted. In that piece of paper were the names of those who passed the removal exam. Everyone was flooding the Civil Engineering Bulletin Board. I also tried but with my body size and height, I failed. LOL! So, I just waited until it was clear and took a peek at the list. I don't exactly know how many of us took the removal exam, but in our section, only two students passed. We were talking about what we're gonna do, like not getting the next mechanics subjects, being delayed, petitioning, and other sad and depressing effects. Oh dat feeling of failing.

"We all have our firsts."

Said Choy, a former ECE student. Well I guess I just have to accept the truth, that for the first time in my college life, I failed in a subject. It took a while to sink in. Some of my mates even cried when the results were posted. Sadly, I did not cry. I don't cry over things like these. All I think about is, "I still can do better than this." "We can't be strong if we don't face problems." and other motivational stuff. I don't know, but it fuels something inside of me. It makes me do better than last time. While all of these thoughts pass, I was still thinking on how to explain to my parents what happened. My mates already told theirs. But here's the weird part, I somehow dreamed that ALL of us passed the subject. I don't know how but I dreamt of it twice, all of us passing the subject. So I kept my attitude positive and cool. I said that I will not tell my parents I failed until I finally get the class card. 

One morning while browsing my facebook news feed, I saw Elizer's post about mechanics. He posted, "Salamat sir at pinasa mo kaming lahat!" Upon seeing that post, I smiled then continued scrolling. I don't know, I guess I can say that MY DREAM CAME TRUE! Hahaha! I did not go to school that week because I acquired an illness from working for the IECEP AVP (Which will be my next post). When I finally got my class card, a fellow student said that I even got a higher grade than him even though he was exempted from the removals exam. My prayers were answered! He did not consider our minus one hundred! Yay! 

There you go, the story of boy who got through. Oh, the instructor's name is, Engr. Nolan C. Concha. Hands down to sir, he is one of the best engineering instructors in the College of Engineering. Having class under him was fun, and funny. Your life in the COE wouldn't be complete if you haven't been under him. He is just amazing, I heard that he did not went to a review center for the Board Exam, instead he just self-reviewed, and guess what? He was a top-notcher! He was also a former Accountancy student but some say he got bored from accounting so he shifted to engineering. Oh, and our instructor in Math 40, Engr. Fontanilla, said that she and Engr. Concha were once classmates. She said the sir Concha would arrive 10 minutes before the examination is over, and he still will be the first to pass his paper. Amazing, right! Cheers for a long post! ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment