Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Fansign from my Idol and our Almost Failed Report.

Sorry for not posting last week. You see, the week before last week, I lost a battle of RPS. (Rock - Paper - Scissors) You can read about it on my last post. Well, we, I'm sorry, I did a lot of research of the dances that hit in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, the 2000's, here in the Philippines. But unfortunately, I kind of failed. :/ The only resource that I had are the threads from certain forums where the users post about their experiences in the said time periods. 

The report was OK in the beginning, I did the "Twist", but as the time went on, the teacher's interest became lesser and lesser by the decade. He was looking for some Filipino dances, but we didn't have any until the 1990's! The teacher almost stopped our report, and we would've failed, until in the 2000's, he asked who are my other group mates. And since we're reporting on dances, he made my other group mates dance, including Cyril, a passive and silent student.

When he went to the stage and danced, the teacher smiled. We just played the music that made dances in that decade, and they just danced to it. *Sigh! We almost failed! A big thanks to Cyril Jay B. Doña! If he hadn't danced, we would've failed. 

Earlier today, the next batch of reporters presented their report on the topic of Movies in the Philippines. It began well, there were clips from the movies. But in the golden age of Philippine movies, in the 1970's, the group failed to show video clips. There was one, Bona. The teacher asked what was this movie about. The group again failed to explain the said movie. He gave them a chance to explain the movie, but there was no movement. He then walked out of the room, leaving the group with an Incomplete grade. Whew! I'm just glad it wasn't us, and that it did not happen to us. 

Moving on last Monday, July 29, Gloc 9 gave me (us) a fansign! How awesome is that? Sir Gloc was promoting his protege, Denise Barbacena to be a new addition to the comedy television show, Bubble Gang. He asked his followers to like the picture of Ms. Denise in the Bubble Gang's page, and he will randomly select users who liked and commented on the photo and make a fansign. I was lucky enough to be one of them!

Sir Gloc 9 showing the fansign.
Awesome right? Yeah. I was shocked when I saw this photo. There were about 8k likes on that photo and I didn't expect to be selected. But I was! Hehehe. 

Last Friday, we registered for the Looking For Johnny Moon seminar-workshop on production management and production design that will run from August 8 - 10, 2013. Hopefully we don't have examinations in those dates so that we can attend the seminar. This week is our 'hell week', or midterms week. But we're in engineering so we don't expect midterm exams. There are only long exams (at least in engineering subjects). Well, good luck to all of us! Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment