Sunday, February 25, 2018

Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2018

Hey, waddup? Here's a quick post. Please follow me on my twitter for more updates (shameless plug lol)

Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention Banner
Okay! So we start the year right with a toy convention, the Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2018! The con took place at SM Megamall Mega Trade Hall 3. To be honest, the con wasn't the primary reason we went there. There was a Gundam Caravan on the event. (If you're not familiar, Gundam Caravan is an event where you register for free and build a gundam kit, then you take your built gundam home) 

Gundam Caravan Mechanics
The venue was full-packed with collectors, which is to be expected. I was with my good friend Lian, who I introduced to gunpla last year. We signed up for the caravan and wandered the place while waiting for our turn to build. I'm not that much into collectibles myself, heck I'm not even into collecting, so my knowledge of the items that were sold there were limited.
Right in the middle of the con. 
As we were wading through the crowd of collectors, I stumbled upon some items: a Hobby Japan magazine, some Marvel/DC stickers, and a bootleg Armored Batfleck nendoroid (which I will get to in a future post)
HOBBY JAPAAAN! (Also, BARBATOOOSS)

Bootleg Armored Batfleck Nendoroid (with Avengers baseplate. lol)

Also present in the con, was the "Tsinelas King", Elmer Padilla. Click here to read more about him.

Yep, all of these figures on display are made from rubber.
The Gundam Caravan kit that was scheduled for that day was an Exia, and after building, we also got a free Gundam catalogue. I'm not sure if we are time travelers, but that catalogue was for the year 2015. The Hobby Japan magazines, are also from 2015. The trailer being previewed in the caravan booth, was for the SD EX line, also for the year 2015. Are we in the lotus-eaters territory? 

We roamed again after the build, and whoa, as we were about to exit the con, there were some cosplayers! There's a group cosplaying as  X-men, what I think is Silver Surfer, and Spiderman. 





So that's about it, my first con this year! (Hopefully I will be able to attend more)
'Till next time, guys. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment