Thursday, December 15, 2016

Pokémon Moon 🌙 + Nearing Alola Pokedex Completion!

Hey guys! So after the board exam, one of the things I bought was a Nintendo 2DS. I initially planned on buying a new phone, but I said to myself, "since the new Pokemon Games will be released a month after the review, why not invest on a game console instead? My phone is still fully functioning." So yeah, that's it. 

Pokemon Moon
Poke-Moon


I actually bought a Pokemon X back in 2013, but I only had the chance to play it when my friend, Melchor would let me borrow his 3DS XL. And with all the hype for Pokemon Sun and Moon, I just couldn't let this opportunity pass away. 

Nintendo 2DS and DragonPro Bundle
Nintendo 2DS and the DragonPro Bundle

I bought mine from GameOne located at Greenhills. It's around P4595, plus P550 for the accessories. (I wanted to buy a sleeve/pouch, but all they had was the kit)

I played my Pokemon X for a while, and got a chance to battle with Melchor.

3DS XL vs 2DS

It was an unfair game, since my team was EV Trained, he just picked his strongest 'mons. 

So Pokemon Sun and Moon were released November 18 on North America, (which the Philippines is a "part" of). Luckily, we took our oath on November 19th, (we're from the province, so stocks for the game may come here at a later date.) so we saw that as an opportunity to purchase the game! But I was only to get my copy on November 21, because of schedules.

Rowlet was my starter pokemon.
Hey there you little ball of feathers!

So, the game. It's A WHOLE NEW WORLD! It's been a long time since the first Pokemon games were released, 20 years to be exact. And I'm proud to say that I've played most of the games since Gen 1. Let's see, I played Blue, which was my first Pokemon Game, and I chose Squirtle (obviously). I also played Yellow. I wasn't able to fully play the Generation 2 games, which were Gold, Silver, and Crystal, however, back in elementary, my friends had them, and we would exchange games. Fun times. I also played Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. Now, Generation 4, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, I was only able to play them through emulators, since my trusty Gameboy Advance could not play them anymore. However, I only played Platinum, and Soul Silver. Oh, and they did gift me a DS Lite, but I had no funds to buy myself Pokemon Games, so I purchased an R4 cart, then used that to play the games. And now the Generation 5, Black, White, and Black 2, White 2. I was only able to play them briefly because I was already in college. And, you know the Gen 6.

Left: Pokemon X. Right: Pokemon Moon

Playing this game made the child inside me so happy. It was no longer 4-direction (or 8-direction) movement, but full analog control! The graphics is amazing! Those little touches that Game Freak put when battling trainers and pokemon make the whole experience more fun and more dynamic. 

As of writing, I am almost done with my Alola Pokedex. I just finished catching all of the Land Spirit Pokemon, the Tapus. Now, I'm gearing up for the Post Game Sidequest, which is the Catching UltraBeasts.

Almost done with my Alola Pokedex!
Akala: Tapu Lele
Ula'ula: Tapu Bulu
Poni: Tapu Fini

To make things more interesting, I tried to catch all of the Tapus in the same colored Pokeball as their palette. The hardest was, Tapu Koko. I had to catch him using the ONLY Fast Ball in the game. I caught Tapu Lele in a Heal ball. (If I found out about that Love ball, I would've used it). Tapu Bulu in a Luxury Ball, and Tapu Fini in a Dive Ball.

This will be my greatest Pokemon Achievement, since this will be the first Pokedex that I will be able to fill completely. It's not that hard because you only have to capture 300 pokemon, compared to the other pokemon games, where you must catch almost all 700 of them.

I'll update this once I catch all of the 300 pokemon, and maybe add some tips on completing the Alola Dex. :) Also, if you're playing this game, let me know in the comments! I could help you fill that Pokedex. 'Till then, my friend. Cheers!




PS. Follow my Twitter @iknshane 
I am more active there than any social media site.




No comments:

Post a Comment